I have partnered with Healthsource Chiropractic Progressive Health & Wellness of Rogers, to bring you this Journey2FatLoss series. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
Bet you thought I’d given up on my #Journey2FatLoss didn’t ya?
I haven’t given up at all. I’m probably more motivated now than I was, in the beginning, to see the goal closer in sight than it was 33 lbs ago.
Yes, all together I’ve lost 33 lbs since May 1st, 2016. It hasn’t been a cakewalk and I have slipped up and had cake more than once. I swear buttercream frosting is my nemesis. With each week I’ve learned something new about myself that I didn’t realize before:
- Dairy makes me feel bloated.
- Too much refined sugar makes my fingers puffy the next day.
- Stevia is a wonderful thing to help satiate that sweet tooth craving I so often feel
- It doesn’t have to always be all or nothing but the actions of my decisions can have consequences in how I feel the next day – inflamed, bloated, irritable.
- Sugar turns me into a kind of witchy woman if you get what I’m saying…
- Running is ten times easier being 33 lbs lighter if you know what I mean!
- I don’t need creamer in my coffee; do you know how freeing that feels?
The program I’m doing works well, however, I can’t deny that at first glance it’s a lot to commit to and probably lends itself to more failures than success. The time I started the program I was desperate. I’m fortunate to have people in my family who are willing to be very transparent with me about the road I was heading down in regards to my lifestyle and the long-term effects it would have on my health well-being. Not everyone is like me though and that’s not to boost myself up to being this super awesome person who’s driven and never makes mistakes. (Lord knows that couldn’t be farther from the truth, just ask my husband or kids about how “perfect” I am.)
The fine people at Healthsource Chiropractic of Rogers have revamped their weight loss program to accommodate the modern person’s lifestyle. I’m excited to join the program. I have 22 more days on this recent Fat Loss Phase and then I’ll be switching over to the revamped program. A few awesome things about the reboot are:
- Better able to fit into an individual’s lifestyle.
- Time commitment is not incredibly long (the longest option they’ll have available is 12 weeks)
- Cost effective.
- Weekly support.
- DNA testing will still be available and from what I’ve heard it’s going to be more extensive with better information for you.
- Weight loss is still occurring for current individuals on the new program.
- It’s more focused on changing a person’s lifestyle from the very beginning of the program meaning exercising is part of the program starting in week 2 instead of week 6.
Here are my stats in case you were wondering….
I have learned from Coach Ben to stay the course and push through the barriers. Keep the long-term goal in mind and don’t give up. If you want a healthier life you can have it but you need to understand that it’s going to require work.
Follow my #Journey2FatLoss on social media!
I’ll be live on Facebook from First Time Mom every Monday night at 8:30pm CST. I’ll share with you what happened the last week, how much I’ve lost and Coach Ben, my Healthsource Chiropractic Progressive Health & Wellness coach, may make an appearance or two. Follow here and subscribe to Facebook Live – First Time Mom on Facebook.
Obviously, I’ll be posting on Instagram so don’t miss out there. First Time Mom on Instagram.
Bert Anderson is a blogger and social media manager mom of three living outside of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. She’s the author behind the blog First Time Mom, where she honestly chronicles the peaks and valleys of parenting. Even though she has more than one child, Bert maintains that whether you have one child or 19, there’s a first time for everything. She’s a lover of coffee, conversations, pop culture, healthy living and fitness.