A woman goes through massive physical, emotional and hormonal changes during and after pregnancy. Becoming a mom is probably the best feeling for a woman. Yet, many women will also agree about having thoughts of a distorted body shape after giving birth. The pictures of those svelte new mom celebrities make them feel even inferior, they end of wondering how to get their bodies back after pregnancy and get rid of those extra pounds. Less of them actually know that if managed properly, pregnancy can actually help in getting a better physique and reduces the risk for various diseases. Here are a few proven tips that will work for you to regain that dream image. Take a deep breath and read:
- Get started early: It is natural to gain weight while you are pregnant. But remember, being pregnant does not mean that you throw all weight loss good habits to the bin and start eating a whole chocolate cake in the breakfast or a bag of chips for lunch. There will be cravings, of course. You should learn to manage them. By getting started early, will help you gain your image quickly after birth. So, be true to yourself and stick to your natural habits during pregnancy.
- Breastfeed: Breastfeeding is perhaps the most natural way to lose weight after pregnancy. Breastfeeding allows you to burn almost 700-800 calories a day. Talk to your doctor and get advice about how many times you should breastfeed in a day. A little bit of weight training, with breastfeeding, after recuperating will definitely let you lose weight easily.
- Take rest: You will need to adjust your timetable as per needs your newborn. This can disturb your sleep cycle and you will feel overly exhausted. Your metabolism will be disturbed making weight losing a hard job. So, the solution to manage this sleep-deficit is to get sleep while your baby is sleeping. This will also keep you energetic and maintain your sugar level.
- Find weight loss ingredients in your kitchen: Weight loss foods are present right in your kitchen. Take apple cider vinegar, warm water with honey, salads, green tea and sufficient water. Avoid taking dietary supplements and processed foods.
- Move around: Get yourself moving. Do not just keep on sitting the whole day long. Your body would not feel up for a full-length walk so you can just take a short walk around your house 2-3 times a day.
- Weight training: Get strong by lifting weights. You cannot do this immediately after giving birth. So, be patient and allow your body some time. The good news is that you do not have to go the gym or buy weights for weight training. Just hold your baby and do lunges. This is your perfect mommy weight training.
- Count your calories: Do not munch on empty calorie, no nutrition foods. Take whole grains, fruits, and fresh meals. Keep a track of your diet and eat in intervals. You can do so by setting the timer on your medical watch which special features for it. Portion size would not be a big problem for now. Rethink your eating philosophy. You can have a little treat sometimes because you are a mommy to an adorable baby now.
- Talk with new moms: Seek support by reaching out to other new moms. You will not only enjoy moral support but also know their ways of losing weight. A mom who had her second or third baby would be really helpful in advising first-time mommies. Then you can together decide some time when you could walk and exercise together.
This post was written by Beth Martel. She is a mother of two, a medical professional and a humanitarian. She blogs at HealthyRecharge.com
Bert Anderson is a blogger and social media manager mom of three living outside of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. She’s the author behind the blog First Time Mom, where she honestly chronicles the peaks and valleys of parenting. Even though she has more than one child, Bert maintains that whether you have one child or 19, there’s a first time for everything. She’s a lover of coffee, conversations, pop culture, healthy living and fitness.