Just so you know, there are affiliate links in this blog post; it won’t cost you anything extra, however, should you make a purchase from one of the links I’ll receive a small commission for your purchase
While you’re busy making the holidays magical for your loved ones, it’s easy to overlook your own needs. Come January, that can leave you feeling like you’re running on empty. On the flip side, when you make the time to practice self-care, it will benefit those around you as well. (Not to mention setting a good example for little ones who are watching you!) I talk about it all of the time: You have to take care of yourself first before you can care for your family.
For me, one of the most important ways I can take care of myself is by creating a healthy, calm environment within my own four walls.
Going Green in 2018: 10 Tips to Make Your Home a Self-Care Haven
That’s why I love this set of Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap, hand soap, and lotion + Grove cleaning caddy + walnut scrubber sponges, which is free with your first order of $20 from Grove Collaborative. I love it so much I had to gab about it on my Facebook page, First Time Mom. Check it out, I had to give my 3-year-old lip gloss to keep her entertained.
Grab your free set, then follow my tips to create a serene, healthy space:
- After the holidays, I’m craving clean, nourishing foods. To make things simple, I’ll be cooking a lot of one-pot meals and using my Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap and these walnut scrubber sponges to power through dishes.
- Sleep is so essential to recovering from the busy holiday season. I sleep much better when I have clean, heavenly scented bed sheets. I love to tumble mine with Grove’s wool dryer balls and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Not only does my bedroom smell heavenly, but the sheets dry faster which saves me money.
- The winter months in Minnesota can be brutal on your hands, so I love to moisturize them with Mrs. Meyer’s hand lotion in bright citrus Lemon Verbena. It’s made with shea butter to lock in moisture without a greasy feeling.
- Whether you love to write, draw, or knit, make some space for creativity. Carve out a quiet area and stock it with your supplies and a candle. As I’m writing this, I’m enjoying Grove’s all natural soy candle in spruce and balsam fir, which burns for 70+ hours.
- Start developing sustainable home care habits. For me, that means cleaning a little bit each day instead of doing one big clean on the weekend. The Grove cleaning caddy is perfect for corralling all my supplies so I can just grab and go!
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed, use a delivery service like Grove to take tasks off your plate. I love that Grove delivers my favorite natural household and personal products right to my doorstep, on my schedule. So easy!
- Wear something comfortable. I’m all about cozy sweaters and soft leggings that don’t pinch or squeeze. For super soft clothes, I’ve been using Grove’s new wool dryer balls which soften without harmful chemicals.
- It’s easy to go into hibernation during the dark winter months, which leaves me feeling lazy and unmotivated. Instead, I’ll pop outside to get the mail (if it’s not below zero) and get some sunshine.
- Look for ways to make everyday tasks enjoyable, too. Have a cup of coffee and listen to a podcast while folding laundry. Pour a glass of wine while you cook dinner.
- Never underestimate the power of scent! In addition to the free Mrs. Meyer’s soaps and lotion, I highly recommend Mrs. Meyer’s room freshener and multi-surface spray. Grove is the only place I’ve been able to find the whole set in matching scents like geranium, honeysuckle, or lemon verbena!
- Bonus tip: Once you’ve submitted your Grove order, you’ll be signed up for the free 60 day VIP trial. For 60 days, save even more with free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales and personal service. I decided to do the VIP service once my 60 days were up because I loved it so much. You really can’t beat free shipping and the service that comes with it.
Now, I have an amazing deal to tell you about. It’s a limited time offer so you’ll want to act quickly. There’s no fee to join — you only pay for the products you buy (and the prices are always lower than my local grocery store).
When you place your first order of $20, you’ll get a FREE New Year, New You Set that includes:
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s hand soap
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s hand lotion
- Free Grove cleaning caddy
- Free Grove walnut scrubber sponges – I love these guys!!!
- Free Shipping & 60 Day VIP Trial
If you’re already a Grove Collaborative member you can grab a FREE set of Grove walnut scrubber sponges. Just click here to claim your set.
What are you waiting for? Grab your free New Year New You set now:
- Sign up for Grove Collaborative here. You will receive the fall seasonal set for free when you sign up!
- To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products and scents you love and receive your first box within a few days.
- You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order.
Bert Anderson is a blogger and social media manager mom of three living outside of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. She’s the author behind the blog First Time Mom, where she honestly chronicles the peaks and valleys of parenting. Even though she has more than one child, Bert maintains that whether you have one child or 19, there’s a first time for everything. She’s a lover of coffee, conversations, pop culture, healthy living and fitness.